Dr. Parachuru holds BS, MS and PhD degrees in textile engineering and an MS degree in Decision Sciences/Applied Statistics. He is a very knowledgeable and experienced scientist with more than 35 years of teaching, research and industrial experience in polymer, fiber, textile, apparel, carpet and other related disciplines.
His research contributions fall under three main categories -- textile structures, structure-property relationships and objective evaluation of subjective textile properties. In the past, he taught in almost all areas of textile manufacturing, including textile testing, nonwovens, technical textiles and carpets. He has completed dozens of projects for industry partners, with most projects falling in the following categories:
- Product/process optimization
- Technical trouble shooting
- Preparation of third party reports based on product analysis and evaluation
- Design and evaluation of new products
- Assistance for product diversification and expansion into value added products
- Establishment of quality control facilities and routines
- Business data modeling and analysis, and
- Miscellaneous cost saving projects.
Dr. Parachuru has been an active member of Fiber Society, AATCC, ASTM and TQCA. Currently he plays an active role on several AATCC technical committees and also serves as chairman of the AATCC committee on statistics. His current research focus is on utilizing the advances in the fields of nanotechnology and biotechnology to advance the state of the art in fiber product manufacturing.
After serving as a field expert in dozens of civil and criminal court cases involving polymer, fiber, and textile materials and products, Dr. Parachuru has gained recognition as one of the leading technical experts in his field. His experience covers local, state and federal courts in multiple states and also city, state and federal governments and private agencies.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
· Ph.D. - Textile Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India.
· MS - Textile Technology, University of Madras, India.
· BS - Textile Technology, University of Madras, India.
- Enhancing the state-of-the-art in fiber product manufacturing using the latest advances in the fields of nanotechnology and biotechnology
- Developing appropriate test methods for the assessment of emerging new products in nontraditional application areas such as healthcare, filtration, transportation and civil engineering
- Process and product optimization for fiber, yarn, fabric, garment and other miscellaneous fiber products using design of experiments and analysis of variance concepts
- Developing environment-friendly alternatives to pollution prone manufacturing processes
- Assessment/evaluation of new manufacturing technologies and their products
- Creation of databases to facilitate backward engineering of yarns, fabrics and miscellaneous fiber products