The goal for MSE at Georgia Tech is to be the “go-to-place” for materials solutions and education. We have developed a strategic plan that incorporates key objectives, specific strategies, and measures, recognizing future priorities, opportunities, challenges, and uncertainties. The strategic plan will serve as a guide for paths to maintain excellence and leadership, both on campus and across the globe.
Download a copy of the MSE Strategic Plan
MSE at Georgia Tech will define the materials science and engineering program of the 21st century and be recognized globally as the preeminent leader in materials education, innovation, and research.
To create leaders through education, innovation in materials research, and service to society.
MSE Strategic Goals
- Enhance and sustain our world-class community of scholars
- Build a state-of-the-art materials innovation infrastructure for research and education
- Develop and promote collaborations within and outside of MSE through a suite of synergistic strategies
- Enhance excellence in materials education to create a new generation of scholars equipped to meet the challenges of the future
- Promote the visibility and impact of MSE as a School and discipline to both internal and external stakeholders