Dr. Donggang Yao is a Professor in the School of Materials Science and Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He teaches and directs research in the broad area of polymer engineering.
His ongoing research deals with precision molding, composites processing, fiber processing,constitutive modeling, and process modeling. He was a recipient of the 2003 Career Award from NSF for his research on polymer micro molding.
He was an Assistant Professor at Oakland University from 2001 to 2004.
PUBLICATIONS & PATENTS
- X. Su, D. Yao, W. Xu, “A new method for formulating linear viscoelastic models,” International Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 156, Paper No. 103375 (2020).
- H. Shen, D. Yao, W. Zhang, and Q. Ye, “Modeling and simulation of the process for the generation of gradient porous structures from immiscible polymer blends,” ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 142, No. 3, Paper No. 031001 (2020).
- Y. Xiao, T.A.L. Harris, D. Yao, and K. Kalaitzidou, “Challenges and advances in aerosol jet printing of regenerated silk fibroin solutions,” Advanced Materials Interfaces, Vol. 7, Article No. 1902005 (2020).
- Q. Xu, H. Yi, X. Gao, J. Shi, and D. Yao, “Recycling of polyethylene bags into high-strength yarns without melt processing,” Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 60, No. 2, pp. 281-287 (2020).
- D. Yao, "A fractional dashpot for nonlinear viscoelastic fluids," Journal of Rheology, Vol. 62, No. 2, pp. 619-629 (2018).
More publications can be found at Google Scholar.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, 2001, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, 1998, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- BS, 1991, Precision Instruments, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China)
- Polymer Processing
- Composites Processing and Manufacturing
- Fiber Spinning
- Constitutive Modeling
- Nonlinear Viscoelasticity
- Process Modeling and Simulation